With flaky dough and a flavorful filling, borekas can’t be beat. You’ll be licking your fingers—and reaching for another one.
Servings: 12 large borekas
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Approximate THC Per Serving: *
- 10% 3.8mg
- 15% 5.6 mg
- 20% 7.6 mg
For the Filling
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ crumbled feta chees
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
Make The Filling
- Preheat a frying pan for 1 minute. Add the olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Sauté the onion until translucent. Add spinach and sauté until wilted and cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a colander suspended in a large bowl. Let id drain for about 10 minutes and then move into a large bowl. Add feta, Swiss cheese, egg, parsley, and dill. Mix well, and again add salt and pepper to taste.
Make the Borekas
- Preheat oven to 340˚F.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the bottom of a cookie sheet with some of the melted canna-butter mixture.
- Cut the phyllo dough longways into 5- or 6-inch strips. Stack them and cover with a towel so they don’t dry out.
- Working one at a time, brush each strip with canna-butter mixture, fold over lengthways, and butter again.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the filling on the end. Fold up like a flag, bottom edge to side edge, then continue folding until you reach the end of your dough to form a triangle. Butter the outside at the end.
- Repeat with the remaining filling and dough.
- Beat the egg and brush the top of each boreka and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the borekas on the buttered cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove, cool, and serve.
- 4 tablespoons creamy canna-butter, plus 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
- 6 to 8 sheets of phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 large egg
- Black or regular sesame seeds, for sprinkling
*Approximate dose per serving is based on infusing 5 grams of cured/dried/decarbed cannabis into 1 1/3 sticks of butter.