Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
Approximate THC Per Wing:
10% THC: 1.9mg
15% THC: 2.8mg
20% THC: 3.8mg
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs Italian parsley, destemmed and roughly chopped
- 6 sprigs tarragon, destemmed and roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup capers
- 1 tablespoon canna–olive oil plus ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Calabrian chilies, sliced
- ½ cup coarse breadcrumbs
- Wash the cauliflower and cradle in a dishtowel to remove excess water. Toss the cauliflower florets in the cornstarch to coat. Shake off the excess and set aside.
- Preheat a wide shallow frying pan over high heat. Fill with about 1 inch of light olive oil and lower the heat to medium.
- Add the cauliflower florets cut side down. Season with salt and pan fry over medium-high heat. As it cooks, turn each piece so all sides brown evenly. It’s okay if the florets are crowded; it will create steam and help them cook through. Fry until evenly browned. Place in a colander to drain. Sprinkle with chili flakes.
- Add the capers to the remaining hot oil in the frying pan and fry for about 1 minute until they puff up a little. Using a slotted spoon, remove the toasted capers to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Discard the light olive oil and add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan. Add the garlic, parsley, tarragon, and toasted capers and cook over medium heat. Stir until the garlic is browned. Remove from the heat and add canna–olive oil mixture. Add cauliflower back to the pan and toss. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with Calabrian chili and breadcrumbs and serve.
To kick it up a notch, you make this recipe Buffalo Style. Simply toss with franks or your favorite hot sauce.