Photo courtesy of Leela Cyd.
One of my all-time favorite dishes! I make 6 minis to snack on during the week. You can also make one large soufflé by placing all the blintzes on top of the melted butter in a large baking dish. Then just pour the soufflé mixture over the crepes and bake for 1 hour.
Number of Servings: 6 2-ounce ramekins
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Approximate THC Per Serving*
10%: 7.6 milligrams
15%: 11.4 milligrams
20%: 15.2 milligrams
For The Crepes:
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup creamy canna-butter, melted and cooled
- 1 stick grass-fed butter, cold (you won’t use the whole stick—it’s just to grease the pan)
For The Cheese Filling:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 egg
For The Soufflé:
- 1 stick grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Blend together the crepe ingredients: milk, cold water, flour, sugar, eggs, and canna-butter.
- Heat a small nonstick pan on medium. Rub the stick of grass-fed butter around bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour enough batter into the pan to coat the bottom. Cook for 30 to 40 seconds until the batter sets. Shake gently to loosen. Flip, using a small silicon spatula and cook another 30 to 40 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat until all the batter is used.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cheese-filling ingredients: ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, confectioners’ sugar, crushed pineapple, and egg. Mix well.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the cheese filling in each crepe and fold them opposite edge to opposite edge, then roll open sides over folded edges to create a closed little blintz. Set aside and repeat.
- Preheat oven to 340ºF.
- Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of melted butter to cover the bottom of each ramekin. Place 1 crepe in each ramekin.
- Blend the soufflé ingredients: sugar, eggs, sour cream, pineapple juice, vanilla, cinnamon, crushed pineapple, and salt. Pour the mixture over the crepes, filling each ramekin three-quarters full. Bake for 1 hour until golden brown and then serve.
*Approximate dose per serving is based on infusing 5 grams of cured/dried/decarbed cannabis into 1⅓ sticks of butter