Created by Chef Igor Krichmar, Intercontinental Hotel, Downtown Los Angeles, California.
“The thing that inspired me the most is making something that feels like home during the holidays,” says Chef Igor Krichmar. “It is a rich and abundant dessert that can be enjoyed in the cold winter months with some eggnog. It’s a very easy recipe that can be made ahead of time refrigerated, baked and plated in less than 10 minutes to impress your Kiva loving fans.”
He adds, “I have invited a few friends to be my test subjects on this recipe and all of them have this to say about Kiva THC infused Chocolate: it is very consistent with the delivery of the medicated THC. Every piece is packed with a great micro dose that comes paired with an amazing chocolate flavor that is better than some high end regular chocolate bars on the market today.”
- 40 grams 66.1% dark chocolate semi sweet
- 10 grams of Kiva Dark chocolate (about 20 micrograms)
- 50 grams of unsalted butter
- 1 each large Egg Yolk
- 1 each whole egg
- 5 grams of sifted All Purpose Flour
- 22 grams of granulated sugar
- 5 grams of unsalted butter for baking
- Matcha tea powder (for garnish)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Chop up the chocolate (both Kiva Dark and regular 66.1 dark semi sweet) into small pieces and combine in a large non-reactive glass or metal bowl.
- In a microwavable bowl melt the 50 grams of butter for 20 to 30 seconds or until its lightly starting to bubble.
- Pour the butter over the chopped chocolate pieces and stir with a rubber spatula until the chocolate has nicely melted and is smooth
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolk, whole egg, sugar until it becomes nice and frothy (about 3 minutes).
- Pour the 50 grams of melted butter and chocolate mixture into the egg and mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fully incorporate
- Sprinkle the 5 grams of All Purpose Flour into the mixture and stir until it is evenly incorporated.
- Take your mold cups (you can use crème brûlée molds, or find nice small chocolate molds at your local kitchen supply store).
- With the other 5 grams of butter melt in the microwave on high for 10 seconds.
- Use a pastry brush and brush the inside of the molds with the 5 grams of butter.
- Pour the batter into the well buttered cake molds evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes until the outside of the cake is set and the inside is still jiggly and raw.
- Take out and let them cool down for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip over the cake molds and the molten lava cake should come out smoothly onto the plate.
- Garnish with sprinkling matcha tea powder or you can even use vanilla ice cream.